Askari Game Lodge & Spa
Elephant experiences in a 5,000 wilderness area of the Magaliesberg
Askari Game Lodge & Spa is situated on the 5,000 Plumari Private Game Reserve in the Magaliesberg, and offers offers elephant interactions as well as various Big Five game viewing experiences within a malaria-free environment, just over an hour from Johannesburg or Pretoria.
Askari Game Lodge’s elephant touch-and-feed interactions (managed by Zemvelo Adventures) take place at Warthogs Bush Camp in the Plumari Reserve. These activities offer visitors a chance to learn about African elephants, both wild and habituated, as they interact and feed these gentle giants.
- Touch-and-feed elephant experiences - 1 hour. More information
- Walking with elephants - 1 hour. More information
Askari offers accommodation for up to 96 guests in garden cottages and suites, and in standard, deluxe, executive and double chalets. Weddings, conferences, spa, a restaurant, and other services are also available. More information
- Address: R560, 1 Doornspruit Road, Magaliesburg, Gauteng Province
- GPS Coordinates: 25°55’35,68″S, 27°32′.46,29″E
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +27 (0) 14 577 2658/9
- Askari Game Lodge & Spa is a member of the Guvon Hotels & Spas group
- Guvon Head Office telephone: +27 (0) 11 791 1870
Askari Game Lodge and Spa is proudly associated with these research papers and articles:
- Animal-visitor interactions: Ethical Reasoning and Participatory Approach Towards Achieving Regulatory Processes For Animal- Visitor Interactions (AVI) In South Africa: ECASA’s response to the call by the Minister of Environment, Forestry and Fisheries, Barbara Creecy, for submissions to a High-Level Panel constituted to review policies, legislation, breeding, hunting, trading, and management of elephants, lions, leopards, and rhinoceroses in captivity. Published: June, 2020. Download this report here (pdf, 850 kb)